Last updated Novemeber 08, 2012
If you are interested in a commission, please read the relevant information provided here. By submitting a commission request you agree to the terms listed below. You are more than welcome to ask if you have any questions! If you would like to contact me about any of the information listed here, please send a note to my commission account at ~K9Hybrid, not my main account here at CanineHybrid. I use this alternate account to accept business-related queries separate from my personal ones to my ensure I can view and respond to your message in the most timely and organized manner. Thank you.
This information is divided into three sections, click to jump to each of them:
I currently offer commissions in these categories, click to jump to each of them:
Notice: The prices listed below are subject to change at any time.
Details: Choice of Digital or Traditional. My strength is in animal-like characters and I charge per character. No backgrounds at this time and not offering adult art. Some sexual themes or violence may be ok- but please talk to me about your proposal first. I recommend asking me to draw things that play to my strengths, be sure to take a look at my previous work for examples of what I typically do, but I am willing to draw things such as humans or machinery if requested.
Optional for traditional art: The original can be sent by mail for an addition fee. Laminated for $2. Multiple commissions can be combined to save shipping.
Paper Sizes: Small size- 4"x6" | "Badge" Size- 5"x8" | Large Size- 9"x12".
Digital work is approx 100ppi to corresponding paper sizes, this means it's the same sized working space/canvas area on my screen as its real-life counterparts. Ask if you need a special size or resolution, especially if you're looking to take digital to print. Often times the digital commissions dimensions can be changed while retaining the same overall area without changing the cost. Here is a visual guide to commission sizes: [link]
Prices correspond to Headshots and Full Bodies respectively- busts are priced inbetween.
- Level 1- Sketch:
- Small $05-$10 | Badge $10-$15 | Large $XX-$20
- Level 2- Color:
- Small $15-$20 | Badge $20-$25 | Large $XX-$30
- Level 3- Shading:
- Small $25-$30 | Badge $30-$45 | Large $XX-$60
The above are base prices and may be increased or decreased depending on the character's complexity.
- Paper Children: Standard pricing, cut-out
- Con Badges: Standard pricing for badge-sized paper, add stylized name, cut-out.
- Character References: Digital only. Ask for quote- each view is considered an individual character, however there are discounts for multiple views.
- Icons: Half the price of small sizing. Digital only. Headshots, shading, 200x200 (+sized to 100 & 50, others on request)
- Wavy Icons: $8 Animated wiggly arm custom characters, a collaboration with my friend Ani. See our #AwesomeWaves account for more information.
- Something else? Have another idea? Ask me about it! I can probably do a ton of things I haven't thought of yet.
SPECIAL DEAL: Pokémon themed commissions receive up to $5 off (not eligible for small sketches). Because I like Pokémon. Discount applies to above list of drawing commissions.
1.25" diameter buttons only at the moment: currently offered in pin-back style, soon to be available as a magnet and keychain. I have a professional button machine and can make you any button you desire! My original artwork, a commission, one of my pre-made designs, or even your own artwork can be made into a button. Order one or a hundred! This is a full button making service for any occasion.
- 1 for $1.50
- 2 for $4.00 (save 50 cents)
- 5 for $6.00 (buy 4 get one free)
- Ask about pricing for bulk orders
- Above prices listed for individual buttons may be all one design or all separate designs- excludes bulk orders.
- Choose from pre-made designs, customize to your liking! Any color/text. (Button designs coming soon)
- Artists only deal: Turn your original art into a button-comparative to the rates from professional companies.
- Most drawings you commission from me can also be turned into a button!
- Shipping starts at $2, buy in bulk to save! (Can vary depending on size of order)
Special promotion! Sponsor a Pokémon for my "Draw 'em All" challenge and get a free button! Details announced soon.
Details: I offer various graphic design commissions, however there is no standard pricing for these as they are extremely custom.
- Website Design: Anything from a few images, to a full theme. I can do layout design, color schemes, and create all visuals and graphics.
- CSS Coding: I can do minimal or basic CSS coding for websites and make custom deviantART journal skins, possibly other sites.
- Design Identity: Custom logos, business cards, advertisements- anything of that nature, I can help build you a professional identity.
Details: I am an animation student and highly capable of putting that skill to good use! There is no standard pricing for these as they are extremely custom. I know many of the younger folks don't understand the complexities and work involved in animation- so to help you get a better idea of cost, think of it this way: every 1 second of animation is made up of 12 separate pictures (if animated on 2's). That's a lot of work, not to mention the hours I'm taking to implement the principals of animation to determine the appropriate movement between all those pictures.
If one lineart picture from me costs an average of $15, having me draw 12 individual pictures for just one second of animation, it's going to add up, fast. Of course this doesn't apply to all parts of an animation, as sometimes the character may be standing still or using minimal body movement which would cost less- but just to give you an idea of how much work truly goes into a short animation. I usually animate in Adobe Flash or ToonBoom on 2's at 24fps, but this can be changed on request.
- 2D Basic: Small, simple commissions of an animated character. These are typically used for things like animated icons and most likely some sort of loop of about 100 frames or less. The simpler the animation involvement and character, the cheaper it will be. Anything from blinking to head turning to basic cycles. Can be anything from a sketch to cell color. Ask for quote.
- 2D Intermediate: More advanced animations, under 30 seconds in length, that include much more movement, views, and expression. Most likely will require payment per hour depending on complexity and can be anything from a sketch to cell color. Ask for more info.
- 2D Advanced: The highest level of character animation I can offer. Anything over 30 seconds or has extreme amounts of movement, detail, and complexity. Will be charged for work at a set hourly rate. Anything from a sketch to cell color. Ask for details.
- 3D Basic (Pre-rig): I have basic animation experience with pre-rigged models, I am most familiar with "LoMax" but can be asked to work with a provided rig. I can animate with blend shapes and bones. Primarily offering basic animations for a variety of applications such as video game character movements or animating lip sync. I will not be responsible for, nor offering at this time: modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, or 3d compositing services. I can render my animation and give you both a video file (basic camera animation) the raw data file as needed. Payment will be an hourly rate. Ask for more details.
Motion Graphics: I can offer a variety of motion graphic-based work combined with both character animation and graphic design. Anything from advertisements to video intros, to kinetic typography. This category is huge and covers about anything you can think of; I'll edit your home videos, I'll make interactive media for websites, DVD menus, and more. I can do basic compositing. If you've got a project in mind that could benefit from a little artistic inspiration, ask what I can do for you!
Creature Costumery Commissions
Details: I offer a wide variety of creature-based masks, suits, and pieces as a wearable art form. They are unique and completely customizable to any character within the limits of materials, physics, my personal art style, and costume functionality. These are divided into small, medium, and large projects- anything over $400 is a large project and will require a non-refundable 30% down payment. Medium projects are $100-399 and require 50% down payment. Small projects must be paid in full upfront. I do not offer quad suits at this time. Some items will have base rates with add-ons for additional details- prices currently pending. For complete details regarding costumery commissions, please see my terms of service located here: [link]
- Full suit: The whole package; typically includes mask and bodysuit along with additional pieces (hands, feet, tails, wings) to complete the character.
- Partial Suit: This most commonly includes everything found above minus the bodysuit.
- Head: You can choose to only commission a mask if you wish, several options are available.
- Eyes- Toony (plastic bowl/mesh) or realistic (casted resin with alternate vision screen), Follow-me effects available for both.
- Teeth- Toony or realistic, most often sculpted by hand. Taxidermy or other casted jawsets are available.
- Jaw- Moving or static.
- Base- Casted, foam, balaclava, or hybrid.
- Additional details- Horns, spikes, fins, etc made from most appropriate materials on a case-by-case basis.
- Markings- Airbrushed, sewn-in, or both.
- Fabric covering- Faux fur and minky are most commonly used, but I use do materials like fleece or suede on request.
- Hands: Included with full suits and most partials, can be commissioned separate.
- Finger count- can be anything from zero (mitten style) to about 7- though typically done with 4 or 5 total fingers.
- Claws- casted acrylic, clay, or stuffed/foam structure.
- Pawpads- sewn in fabric, often leather/vinyl, or casted silicone.
- Length- Can be as short as to your wrist and as long as to your shoulders.
- Style- Feral, anthro, toony, oversized or custom.
- Feetpaws: Included with full suits and most partials, but can be ordered separate.
- Base- built off a shoe (provided by you or purchased by me) and then toes are sculpted from foam.
- Bottoms- Indoor feet (same pawpad options as hands) or outdoor feet (make from high impact foam rubber, or casted silicone).
- Length- Can be as short as to your ankle or as long as your leg (great for wearing with shorts- or can include full leg pants for a different style of partial suit).
- Claws- Same as hands.
- Style- Feral, anthro, toony, oversized, or custom.
- Tails: Come with full suit and most partials, can be commissioned separate. Extremely custom to many sizes, species, shapes, length within reason of the physical limitations that come from the method of attachment, materials, etc.
- Size categories- Small (under 1 foot), Medium (up to 3 feet), Large (anything longer than 3 feet).
- Attachment- belt loop (provide your own belt), pants clip (small tails only), elastic belt band, or custom body harness (may be necessary for large tails).
- Wings: An additional detail not included with most costumes, case by case basis. Can be commissioned separate, built on custom harness. I do not offer articulated wings at this time but I can make them collapsible.
- Type- Feathered, bat-like, hybrid, insect, or custom.
- Style- Chibi, realistic, or custom.
- Attachment- On back/shoulder blades, connected to arms (bats, pterosaurs), or custom location.
- Ears/Horns: Various types of head adornments for a minimal costume look.
- Type- Most any species.
- Style- Chibi, realistic, or custom.
- Attachment- Headband, elastic band, hair clips, sewn into hat/hoodie, custom
- Other parts: Perhaps you would like me to make something that isn't listed above. Let me know and we'll discuss it!
Details: Excluding creature costumery, which is its own separate category, I offer many different forms of physical art.
- Fleece Hats: Characters and creatures in beanie-style hats.
- Brim styles- "Brimless" or custom brim size, comes standard at about 1.5" wide
- Sculpted elements- custom shaped ears, horns, or any element requiring special modifications.
- Details- embroidered details, painted or sewn elements for different markings and faces/eyes
- Hoodies: More casual than full costumes, custom character hoodies are an awesome way to make the most of both worlds!
- Hood styles- oversized/loose or fitted, custom shaped.
- Sculpted elements- custom shaped ears, horns, tails, wings, or any element requiring special modifications.
- Details- embroidered details, painted or sewn elements for different markings and faces/eyes.
- Style- Optional pockets and/or zipper
- Plushies: I build my plushies in the very same way that I build my costumes- most elements will be sculpted from foam to retain shape and stuffed where necessary. Faux fur, fleece, and mink fabrics are most commonly used with either embroidered or sewn details. Highly custom, price increases based on size, complexity, details, and materials.
- Styles- Articulated (wire posed), floppy (mainly stuffed), basic sculpted (such as a basic sitting, laying or standing pose), or advanced sculpted (something of an action pose, considerable more "foam sculpture" than typical plushies).
- Size categories- Mini (under 6"), Small (up to 10"), Medium (up to 16") Large (up to 24") Extra large (up to 48")
- Clay Sculpture: Standard character sculptures created with Sculpey clay. Highly custom, price increases based on size and complexity
- Types- Headshots, busts, upper body, and full body
- Size categories- Mini (under 2"), Small (up to 4"), Medium (up to 7"), Large (up to 12"), Extra large (up to 18")
- Color- Choice between painted and unpainted. Some designs can be made with colored Sculpey.
- Base- With or without base, some designs require a base. Base can be finished or unfinished.
- Styles- Neutral/expressionless, simple poses, implied movement, or crazy-tastic action.
Details: A completely different type of commission, I offer my performance abilities for various projects.
- Voice Acting: I have no formal training, but do have access to a full professional recording studio. Watch any of my YouTube videos for a sample of my voice.
- Video/Motion Capture: While I am not the most able-bodied human being, I do have access to a professional motion capture equipment for animation reference. I will be using Vicon Blade and offer the service of cleaning up the motion capture data for you, rate will be by the hour. I can find better physical actors, such as my boyfriend ~kooshball and my brother ~ReyTiger who both do parkour, Rey also having gymnastics training, to perform for your project. Also standard video footage without the use of the mocap suit can be shot with a professional standard HVX200 high def camcorder. Chroma key "green screen" work is available as well (retroreflective curtain from Reflecmedia).
- Costumed Entertainer: If you would like me to perform in costume at your special event, I do offer this service. This is highly recommended only if you are located in Colorado and preferably a local in the Denver area. I most likely will not be able to travel out of state at this time. I can wear any of my costume projects and possibly one you provide for me if it is in good condition and would fit properly. There are certain requirements for this kind of commission, contact me for details.
Last updated March 08, 2012
The terms of service below apply to most all commissions from CanineHybrid Creations. You agree to the below information when you request and accept a commission service to be carried out. For costume-related commisisons, please view the costumery-specific TOS information found here.
All prices are in USD ($) and must be received as such. You may be charged a conversion fee if you pay in an alternate currency. Paypal is an acceptable form of payment for most services, however strongly I prefer money order, check or cash is also accepted. Checks which bounce will be charged a returned check fee, $5-25 depending on the price of the commission, and you will be required to pay your balance through an alternate method.
For most projects I will complete a rough sketch, and possibly other stages depending on the request, for your approval. Some larger commissions require down-payments before I can begin. These deposits are non-refundable once project has begun. You are welcome to pay more than the down payment up front and you are welcome to cancel with no penalty and a full return of your down payment anytime before I start on your commission. Do not send unrequested down payments- I will notify or send you an invoice when I am ready to accept your commission. Payment plans are available and can be adjusted to accommodate your needs if requested. Your project will only be shipped or sent to you once it is paid for in full. If I do not receive payment within three (3) months after project completion, your deposit will not be returned and I reserve the right to sell or modify the completed commission.
Ordering and Schedule
You may fill out and submit a quote request at any time. You may request an unlimited amount of quotes; they are free of charge and will be valid for 60 days. All quote and commission-related queries MUST be sent as a note to my ~K9Hybrid account, not my main account here. You will be asked to forward your note to K9Hybrid if you send a note to CanineHybrid instead and your commission request will not be answered until you do so. This is to aid in the separation of personal and business-related messages and to ensure I see your request among the clutter of my inbox.
There is no set schedule to when I'll be open for standard commissions and it is first come, first serve (costume commissions operate on a different schedule, found in the Costumery TOS here.) I will open a set number of slots, they will be announced and hosted on my journal. I will try to post to Twitter the day prior as a heads up so you have some warning. You will only be required to leave a comment in the posted journal stating that you want a slot- DO NOT send me your commission information at this time. I will let you know if you obtained a slot and only after I ask you to should you send your commission information to my ~K9Hybrid account.
A project queue dedicated will be kept on my Commission Queue Journal found here and I will do my best to maintain and update my current project status. If you wish to keep your project anonymous in the queue, it will be by request only, otherwise the queue will be publicly available. I reserve the right to refuse a commission project for any reason and will be sure to notify you as to why your project was not accepted into the queue. Only a few projects are accepted at a time so if you didn't make the cut the first time, you are more than welcome to try again when commission slots open up.
I reserve the right to cancel a project at any time; this may happen if I feel that the commissioner is too difficult to work with or a personal conflict would prevent me from completing the project such as personal injury. If this should occur, you will be refunded the appropriate balance depending on the circumstances and in what stage of completion the project is currently in.
The customer may also cancel the project at any time. The full balance will be refunded (unless project has already begun, in which case the down payment will not be returned), or can be credited toward an alternate project.
I reserve the right and artistic freedom to use a canceled project for any purpose I wish including finishing the product, modifying the design, and/or selling it.
All copyrighted characters and likeness of characters in any form of artwork that I produce belongs as the intellectual property to the original owner. I claim no copyright over the character and its design but do retain the rights to the following: the reproduction of photographs taken by myself of the work or prints, any concept drawings of the work, and the art or craftsmanship itself (not including the physical item which will be eventually owned by you the commissioner after the transfer of sale), including the right of placing it in my online portfolio. Please inquire if you have any legal concerns regarding your project and we will work to develop an agreement to accommodate your specific needs.
I highly encourage and prefer the commission of original or generic characters but in very certain circumstances I am willing to reproduce a copyrighted character. The commissioner must realize that technically speaking, all forms of fanart in the United States are highly illegal (exception for "fair use") and that you have no copyright ownership over the work and risk involving yourself in a legal dispute by doing so. I will consider the product a "fair use" of the original; transforming the original source material into a medium of your choice for purposes of entertainment: promoting the enjoyment of the source material for the commissioner and fans of the original work. It is not any sort of guarantee that you or I shall remain protected from a legal dispute should one occur.
In simple terms, the character/design is owned by the copyright holder (either you or a third party in this case, preferably with permission). I own the craftsmanship of the project as well as the images and videos I take of it at any time. You own the physical product itself after payment is complete. If you return the product, you no longer have any ownership rights over the physical product (character/design rights still belong to the original copyright holder).
The craftsmanship of the finished product is owned by CanineHybrid Creations. An exclusive rights license agreement is made between CanineHybrid Creations and the owner of said product as follows: The product owner may publicly display or use the item without limitation, freely take videos or photographs of the work for public display or distribution (online or otherwise), transfer ownership through sale or other means, and recreate the product as a derivative work, without consent, as long as no copyright is claimed over the original craftsmanship to anyone other than CanineHybrid Creations, and ensured that the new work is appropriately credited as a derivative work of my original material. You also agree to not, at any time, create copies or prints to sell for your benefit. If you are interested in this option it must be indicated at the time of commission and the price will be greatly increased by doing so. Upon the transfer of ownership of said item, you acknowledge that you are also giving up your exclusive rights to the product and transferring them to the new owner. The new owner must be made aware of the license agreement the product has with CanineHybrid Creations. Amendments to the exclusive license agreement made be discussed and agreed upon by all parties.
Every physical item comes with a 30 day limited warranty that covers the materials and craftsmanship and can be sent back for repairs, replacements, or refunds. The warranty excludes items that have been altered, have been used improperly, has not been thoroughly cleaned for return, or damaged from shipping.
If for whatever reason you are unsatisfied with your product, you are able to return it in the best condition possible for minor repairs, a refund, or exchange depending on the circumstance. Minor repairs shall be made free of charge within the first year of ownership and I reserve the right to refuse offering this service if it is violation of any terms stated in the warranty. Depending on the nature of the repair, compensation may be required. A significant alteration or repair attempted by yourself or anyone else will void the warranty and you will no longer be eligible for a free simple repair, and I will ask for an appropriate service fee under the circumstances to repair the item.
A valid reason will be necessary for consideration in a return or exchange. A refund will include a full return of balance minus the deposit. An exchange for the total balance of the returned item can be put towards another commission item and the difference compensated for. I reserve the right to alter or sell an unwanted returned item as I inherit all ownership rights, with the exception of character/design copyright, of the product from you upon agreement to a refund. All refunds will be issued in installments and paid within one (1) year of cancellation date. I reserve the right to refuse a return if the product's condition voids the warranty.
Last updated September 30, 2011
If you have a question, feel free to ask it here in this journal or send a note to ~K9Hybrid. If it is a common question or one that is important to be clarified and is not covered anywhere else in this journal, I'll put it here!
Q: How do I know if you're open for commissions or not?
A: Check my front page- there is a column on the left hand side about halfway down that displays my current status. Click here to jump directly to it. I will announce on Twitter the day prior to slot openings and I will most likely talk about it on my journals.