*flops on the floor*
I think this project was more trouble than it was worth... but at least I passed the class with it. There's about a bazillion and a half things wrong with it so I plan to start almost completely over in Maya when I get the chance.
This is my first time ever working in the program ZBrush. An overview of what I did here is first created a very basic armature of Theod, my raptor alien character, out of something called ZSpheres. I then fleshed out details on top of the spheres with a tool called ZSketch (makes everything look like it's built out of tubes).
Upon calculating the 3d mesh (or skin) from the ZSpheres data, it messed everything up majorly... the school's computers couldn't even handle it and I was left with having to re-sculpt nearly everything. I had adored it to death up to this point and then stopped caring about it. It wasn't working out anymore, so from that point on it was kinda meh. Meeeehh.
I mean don't get me wrong, it still LOOKS ok, but as for being an accurate model of Theod it falls flat on its face. I also didn't have time/couldn't figure out the best way to do the nose blade and spikes, so he'll remain nakid for now.
I'll upload the higher resolution images of the final model in a second here... but figured that I should put up more of my school work. When Theod 2.0 comes around, I'm sure I'll be much more satisfied with the result.
Theod, Model ©